Friday, December 31, 2021

Africa at the Internet Archive: Spreadsheet (7)

It's exciting to start a new year with this system in place; you can read about the evolution of this spreadsheet project in the previous updates. There are now over 8500 stories listed from 281 different books and articles, and the end is in sight; I'll keep adding items to this spreadsheet as long as there are more African folktales at the Internet Archive to link to, and then I'll be moving on to a related project: indexing African American and Caribbean stories. 

Meanwhile, as always, you can access the spreadsheet here: African Tales Spreadsheet, and also by the link in the tab navigation above.

In the spreadsheet, you'll find links for each story to the Internet Archive page, plus links to versions of the stories that I've written (more about those tiny versions of the stories here: Africa.LauraGibbs.net).


As I've explained in previous posts, you can do searches and create data filters, and you can also copy the spreadsheet for your own use. Of course you can also create your own spreadsheet of the Internet Archive resources you are curating (for your own use or perhaps for your students), and if you think it will be useful to others, perhaps you will share that publicly also!

I'll be back tomorrow with the round-up of books from this week, and I'll wish everybody a HAPPY NEW YEAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.