Friday, September 17, 2021

Internet Archive Meet-Up / Sept. 17

I'm very excited to be doing a presentation for the wonderful people at Internet Archive this week, on Friday, September 17. I've published the short slidedeck full-sized and also embedded it below.

I'll use this post as a place to share links I forgot to include in the slideshow, and also to report on updates. This was a really great opportunity for me to describe the "big picture" of my plans during retirement.

I'm going to be busy...! :-)

Update:

The presentation was so fun: now I can finally put some names and faces of actual people to the Internet Archive project that has been part of my life for so long. Plus, they had live music at their meeting: how cool is that? 

So, my best takeaways from this meet-up were learning about the story of Internet Archive and Better World Books — wow! it is a very inspiring story; For the Love of Literacy–Better World Books and the Internet Archive Unite to Preserve Millions of Books...


... and also learning about this bluegrass band from Oklahoma City (nice coincidence!): Wood Willow. This is one of the songs they performed, and that sure fit: Internet Archive is all that I need for endless books to read and share! :-)


2 comments:

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.