Friday, December 3, 2021

Africa at the Internet Archive: Spreadsheet (3)

As promised, here is this Friday's update about the spreadsheet listing African folktales with links to their Internet Active pages (previous updates): there are now 5728 stories listed from 210 different books and articles! You can access the spreadsheet here: African Tales Spreadsheet.


In addition to the new items, there's also a new column which contains a link to a 100-word version of the folktale at my microfable blog. You can see those links in the column on the far right:


There are about 500 of those links there. That includes all 200 stories in volume 1 of my Tiny Tales from Africa, plus the 200 stories that I've tentatively assigned to volume 2 (forthcoming in February I hope), along with the new stories that I am writing that may (or may not) end up in volume 3. I thought that would be useful to include here in the spreadsheet because those 100-word stories, in addition to being stories in their own right, can function as a very quick summary of the stories in their original sources.

As I've explained in previous posts, you can search, sort, and filter this public spreadsheet, and you can also make copies of the spreadsheet for yourself if you want to add your own columns, etc.

Below is a list of just a few of the new sources from this week's updates to the listings; the links here go to the blog post about each book: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.