Friday, December 17, 2021

Africa at the Internet Archive: Spreadsheet (5)

Here is this Friday's update about the spreadsheet listing African folktales with links to their Internet Active pages (previous updates): there are now 6979 stories listed (so that means I'll reach 7000 next for sure!)  from 251 different books and articles. You can access the spreadsheet here: African Tales Spreadsheet, and there's also a link to the spreadsheet in the tab navigation here at this blog:


The spreadsheet is chugging along with links both to the Internet Archive pages for each story, and also a link to my blog if the story is one that I have retold (571 stories, with a few new stories every day):


My new addition to the project this week is not part of the spreadsheet; instead, it's a book project I am really excited about: a "Reader's Guide" to 200 of these African folktale books that are available at Internet Archive. I'm trying to write a few blurbs each day, and if all goes well I should finish in February. This week I finished a total of 16 entries, which took me through the end of the letter A. I'm writing that book in the open, so you can see how it's going there: A Reader's Guide to African Folktales at the Internet Archive. Going forward, I'll be able to give updates on that project each week here, together with the spreadsheet updates. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.