Friday, March 18, 2022

African Diaspora at the Internet Archive: Spreadsheet (6)

Another "Spreadsheet Friday" and I've crossed yet ANOTHER milestone: there are over 5000 stories now listed in the African Diaspora Folktale Spreadsheet, from 75 different books and articles at the Internet Archive as sources. I got a big boost this time from the huge number of items I indexed from the books by Parsons that were the focus this week.


And, of course, the big African Folktale Spreadsheet is available also, with over 10,000 stories there.

I'll be talking about these two spreadsheet projects, and also the whole African and Diaspora folktale project, on March 30, together with Helen Nde who is the inspiring person behind @MythologicalAfricans (yay!). The talk is part of the Internet Archive's Library-as-Laboratory series. You can find out more about that at the Internet Archive blog


The recording of this week's talk (featuring the web archiving cohort from Archives Unleashed, plus the new Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online project) is available to listen to already, and then Helen and I will be coming up next time! 

I'll be taking this week off at the blog in order to focus totally on proofreading the Reader's Guide to African Folktales at the Internet Archive so that I can publish it before the talk. So..... if all goes well, my next post here at the blog will have the final version of that book. You can see the working draft here. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.