Friday, March 4, 2022

African Diaspora at the Internet Archive: Spreadsheet (4)

Well, it's already "Spreadsheet Friday" again; I didn't get as much done this week as I had hoped (see why below!), but I did add new stories to the African Diaspora Folktale Spreadsheet, so there are now over 3500 stories indexed there:


And, of course, the big African Folktale Spreadsheet is available also, with over 10,000 stories there.

As I've explained in previous spreadsheet posts, you can search, sort, and filter this public sheet using all the usual Google Sheet features, and you can also make a copy of the sheet if you want to add your own columns, etc. 

The reason why I didn't get a lot done on the spreadsheet this week is that I have moved into intensive editing mode on the Reader's Guide to African Folktales at the Internet Archive, which is based on those months of blogging here about African folktales. I hope to get this book published by the end of the month, and today I finished the crossindexing, so there are now useful threads for people to follow that lead from one book entry to another book entry that has something in common; you can see how that works in the current draft: Reader's Guide.

Hopefully all the things I've been learning from this book project will help me to do a good job with the Reader's Guide to African Diaspora Folktales at the Internet Archive when the time comes! From the sheer optimism that comes from a productive week, I created a book cover for that project too. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of book covers there (yet!), but it's early days: still lots more books to blog about here and then to add to the collage. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.