Friday, April 15, 2022

African Diaspora at the Internet Archive: Spreadsheet (9)

Happy Friday, everybody! I'm still cruising along with the African folktales (and songs) spreadsheet: there are now over 6500 items from 100 different sources linked from the spreadsheet to the pages of books at the Internet Archive, everything just a click away! You can find it all at the African Diaspora Folktale Spreadsheet.


And, of course, the big African Folktale Spreadsheet is available also, with over 10,000 stories there. You can find out more about how the spreadsheets work here.

I've also started the process of picking out which books and articles will go into the Reader's Guide for these Diaspora resources, just like for the Reader's Guide to African Folktales at the Internet Archive. There will be some differences between them too: more articles as Diapora sources rather than being limited just to books, and probably more public domain stories to include too. Meanwhile, I'll keep blogging about books and updating here as I go along.

Here's a collage of just a few of the books that I've added recently to the sheet. So much great material, all available thanks to Controlled Digital Lending from the Internet Archive!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.