Monday, June 6, 2022

African Diaspora at Internet Archive: Richardo Keens-Douglas

Carrying on with the theme of more children's books for this week, I will have books both today and tomorrow to share from Richardo Keens-Douglas, a storyteller and writer from Grenada! Here are the three books for today:

First up is Mama God, Papa God: A Caribbean Tale. It's a creation tale, so I figured a creation tale should definitely get to come first!


The lovely artwork is by Stefan Czernecki:


Next is a story based on a famous Caribbean supernatural legend: La Diablesse and the Baby: A Caribbean Folktale.


You can find out more about the Diablesse legend at Wikipedia. The striking art for this book is by art by Marie Lafrance:


And last but not least, Keens-Douglas retells a funny folktale in this book: The Trial of the Stone: A Folktale.


The art by Stephane Jorisch matches the comical spirit of the original story perfectly:


So, enjoy! Keens-Douglas was new to me until I found his books at Internet Archive, and I'm so glad to know about him. I'll be back with more of his work tomorrow.


by Richardo Keens-Douglas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.