Saturday, October 23, 2021

African Folktales at Internet Archive: Week 23

Here we are at the end of Week 23 already, and I really like the way this project also marks the calendar of my retirement life, since I started this as soon as I retired from OU! Here are links to all the past round-ups: Past round-ups: May - June - July - August - September - October.

The focus this week was stories from west Africa, and I've linked to all the book posts below.

This week also marked the death of the great Jerry Pinkney, one of the all-time greats of book illustration, and a personal favorite of mine; I did a post dedicated to his African folklore books: Jerry Pinkney


You can also see an outpouring of appreciations and remembrances at Twitter: Jerry Pinkney.

And now, here are the links to this week's books and posts:





by Harold Courlander
and Ezekiel Eshugbayi



by Harold Courlander
and Albert Kofi Prempeh



by Ashley Bryan










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.