Wednesday, February 16, 2022

African Diaspora at Internet Archive: Dog Ghosts

The full moon is finally here, so I have a final supernatural item for today's African Diaspora folklore book: John Mason Brewer's Dog Ghosts and the Word on the Brazos, just a click away at the Internet Archive.


This 1976 publication is a reprint of two of Brewer's books: The Word on the Brazos: Negro Preacher Tales of the Brazos Bottoms of Texas from 1953 and Dog Ghosts and Other Texas Negro Folk Tales from 1958. 



You might recall that I wrote about the remarkable John Mason Brewer earlier this month; see that blog post for more about his life and career: American Negro Folklore. I wanted to include this book today because... ghosts! (See the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday posts for more of the supernatural.) You can see the "dog ghosts" from the title of course, and you can use the power of the Internet Archive search to find all the references to ghosts:


There are so many wonderful things about Internet Archive books, and search is one of the best in my opinion.

I hope you have enjoyed this series of supernatural books, and I'll be back tomorrow with... proverbs!


by John Mason Brewer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.